With so many options for soap in today's market, you might ask yourself why does choosing an all natural soap matter?
Let us break it down for you:
Our all natural soap
- It is real soap, with the same ingredients and processes used for thousands of years.
- No petrochemical ingredients or artificial fragrances and no testing on animals. It means using herbal concentrates as a preservative, not a chemically-derived formula.
- We use shea butter, one of the world’s best natural moisturizers. Rich in skin-loving vitamins A and E our soap will leave your hands feeling soft and conditioned.
- Our ingredients are either organic or derived from completely natural sources. We use ingredients that you can actually pronounce like "shea butter," “sunflower oil” and "coconut oil".
- Free of artificial colors (no FD&C or Lake Colors are used), artificial fragrances (essential oils used instead) or preservatives, detergents, alcohol’s, propylene glycol, etc.
- Completely biodegradable – which is great as you wash it away down the drain. Happy fish, happy planet.
- Technically an artificial "detergent", not really soap at all
- Detergents strip your skin of their natural oils which leave your skin feeling dry and tight
- When alkali and oil (components used to create soap and the sudsy "lather") fail to merge chemically, Alkali Salts (sodium hydroxide and oxygen) are left in the product. Alkali Salts have a high pH and are very drying to the skin. Many commercial soaps are full of these salts. It is estimated that about 25% of us are sensitive to this irritant.
- Many contain harsh chemicals such as SLS and cocamidopropyl betaine (linked to skin conditions) and parabens (preservatives linked to cancer)
- It leaves toxins in the environment that deplete oxygen through algae blooms and prevent aquatic life from fighting off parasites and bacteria
So what are you waiting for? Make the switch today -- Your skin and the planet thank you!
Have more questions about our soap? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org